Friday, February 10, 2012

Why I Like Horoscopes

Actually, I only like one very specific kind of horoscope: the kind written by my friend Jane (Link).

My horoscope this week:
Capricorn (Dec. 23-Jan. 20): Listen to Close to Me by The Cure and think about what closeness really is: the smells and everyday mistakes of intimacy, the song-exchange of friendship, the warmth of breakfast. Get whichever parts of closeness you can.
I like it because it walks that fine line between generic and applicable, in a week when I've felt a little bit lost at sea. It touches both ends of the beautiful, finds a romanticism in the everyday. We all need more of that in our lives. It sidesteps the mysticism and hokeyness of traditional horoscopes.  

It was exactly what I needed to brighten my Friday afternoon.

2 comments: